The October Country Epub Ë The October PDF \

The October Country Ray Bradbury s second short story collection is back in print, its chilling encounters with funhouse mirrors, parasitic accident watchers, and strange poker chips intact Both sides of Bradbury s vaunted childhood nostalgia are also on display, in the celebratory Uncle Einar, and haunting The Lake, the latter a fine elegy to childhood loss This edition features a new introduction by Bradbury, an invaluable essay on writing, wherein the author tells of his Theater of Morning Voices, and, by inference, encourages you to listen to the same murmurings in yourself And has any writer anywhere ever made such good use of exclamation marks Illustrated by Joe Mugnaini Contents The Dwarf ss Fantastic Jan FebThe Next in Line nv Dark Carnival, Arkham House Sauk City, WI,The Watchful Poker Chip of H Matisse ss Beyond Fantasy Fiction MarSkeleton ss Weird Tales SepThe Jar ss Weird Tales NovThe Lake ss Weird Tales MayThe Emissary ss Dark Carnival, Arkham House Sauk City, WI,Touched with Fire Shopping for Death ss Maclean s Jun The Small Assassin ss Dime Mystery Magazine NovThe Crowd ss Weird Tales MayJack in the Box ss Dark Carnival, Arkham House Sauk City, WI,The Scythe ss Weird Tales JulUncle Einar ss Dark Carnival, Arkham House Sauk City, WI,The Wind ss Weird Tales MarThe Man Upstairs ss Harper s MarThere Was an Old Woman ss Weird Tales JulThe Cistern ss Mademoiselle MayHomecoming ss Mademoiselle OctThe Wonderful Death of Dudley Stone ss Charm Jul

10 thoughts on “The October Country

I love the reading of Bradbury on a crisp, autumn morning sounds like October.The October Country is a collection of short stories by the Grandmaster writer Ray Bradbury Eschewing any connection to science fiction, this group of purely fantasy tales resounds with Bradbury s fascination with and brilliant creativity in the realms of the occult, macabre a

One of the first books I ever read, and one of the reasons I still read I found some of the other reviews dismaying poor dialogue silly concepts antique writing style has the world and the people in it really changed that much Have people lost their hearts Perhaps, they ve just never read The Smile by Bradbury, not included in this collection.Granted, Bradbury s

Finally Finally, I ve read this classic collection of short stories by Ray Bradbury I m so glad that I did What can I say about this that hasn t already been said It s beautifully written Some of the stories were so haunting, I know that they will stick with me for the rest of my life Ones like The Scythe and The Dwarf , Jack in the Box and Homecoming Bradbury s style

I am quite useless at reviewing an anthologies so please bear with me How do you go about reviewing these things any way Story by story Sounds like a chore I ll just muddle through as usual then The October Country is a collection of Ray Bradbury s macabre stories, I hesitate to label them as horror stories because they are not particularly horrifying, but they are mostly

This was a great collection of short stories by Ray Bradbury I m so glad I read this book in October with the leaves coming down, the air was crisp and Halloween was around the corner It really added to the overall atmosphere for the book.Favorite short stories The Next in Line , Skeleton , The Emissary , The Small Assassin and The Scythe Bradbury s writing is so beautiful, fla

October Countrythat country where it is always turning late in the year That country where the hills are fog and the rivers are mist where noons go quickly, dusks and twilights linger, and midnights stay That country composed in the main of cellars, sub cellars, coal bins, closets, attics, and pantries faced away from the sun That country whose people are autumn people, thinking on

Watch The Twilight Show even any other derivative of that show for that matter, i.e anything from Perversions of Science to Black Mirror to Tales from the Crypt and those goosebumps that develop ever so sinister like Every story in this collection earns that type of unforgettable excitement the pure thrill of being scared And by no other than this maestro Hard to believe that the master

that country were it is always turning late in the year That country where the hills are fog and the rivers are mist where noons go quickly, dusks and twilight linger, and midnights stay The country composed in the main of cellars, sub cellars, coal bins, closets, attics, and pantries faced away from the sun That country whose people are autumn people, thinking only autumn thoughts Whose peop

The October Country a book of strange, sometimes creepy, sometimes heart warming tales, written in Ray Bradbury s flawless excitable style You can tell from these pages that the man loved to write, in someways his words are like those of a child s discovering a new love for the first time, it s an enthusiasm that captivated me My favourite stories within this book are The DwarfThe Jar The LakeThe