Healthy Child, Whole Child: Integrating the Best of

Healthy Child, Whole Child: Integrating the Best of Conventional and Alternative Medicine to Keep Your Kids Healthy As and Americans and their doctors seek alternative approaches to health care, isn t it time we offer our children the benefits of integrative medicine Written by two conventionally trained physicians, Healthy Child, Whole Child offers a new generation of parents the best of modern medicine and scientifically proven alternatives to aid their children s physical, emotional, and psychological health Included are treatment strategies for the most common childhood diseases, sound advice about everything from television watching to herbal remedies, and the latest information on many of the hot button issues including vaccines, antibiotics, and diet that have arisen in the past decadeFilled with compassion, common sense, and the knowledge of two experienced physicians and parents who understand the importance of treating the whole child, this book reflects the changing face of modern medicine It is an invaluable resource for mothers and fathers who want the best for their children today, tomorrow, and for years to comeHealthy Child Whole Child offers the most up to date mix of conventional and alternative advice for parents, including Themyths and one true statement about vaccinations Thepowerhouse foods for your kids Thequestions you need, to ask to find out if your child is overweight Theherbs that are safe and effective for children How to receive integrative care from your current pediatrician

About the Author: Stuart H. Ditchek

Is a well known author, some of his books are a fascination for readers like in the Healthy Child, Whole Child: Integrating the Best of Conventional and Alternative Medicine to Keep Your Kids Healthy book, this is one of the most wanted Stuart H Ditchek author readers around the world.

10 thoughts on “Healthy Child, Whole Child: Integrating the Best of Conventional and Alternative Medicine to Keep Your Kids Healthy

I m really liking this so far It seemsdown to earth than some of the natural healing books, but doesn t seem to focus on all the medical things that could go on with your child All the new parent books seem to make me think that the doctors visits are necessary to avoid certain death.

i haven t finished this book yet, but i m enjoying it a lot the basic premise is that although conventional medicine has much to offer, prevention is the best medicine and when problems occur, it s often best to start with unintrusive, holistic forms of alternative medicine and give the body a chance to do its work it s a nice middle of the road approach to integrative medicine and it includes chapters on common childhood illnesses some of which my

I really liked this book It is written by two MDs with training in integrative medicine The blend of traditional, allopathic medicine with alternative remedies backed by legitimate research really fit with my opinions about health I was frustrated by other books on health that leaned so far to one side or the other, insisting that their method had all the answers and every other method was wrong I also liked how the authors talked about the power of prayer

This book offers a thoughtful and holistic approach to the health of children I use it as a resource book, over and over again The topics vary from exercise to healthy eating to sleep to the role of play I love how in the back, the chapters are broken down into common ailments and natural remedies that have been proven to help Practical and wonderful.

I liked the approach of these authors They talk about embracing ideas from conventional and alternative medicine and considering both when trying to keep your family healthy They have basic ideas like being active as a family and teaching your children correct portions for food I learned a few things about immunizations and anti biotics as well An educating read.

This book is a must for any new parent combining holistic healing with scientifically proven methodology, it is a great handbook for people to learn how to deal with common issues in children I buy it as a present for baby showers.

Maybelike a 2.5 it didn t tell me anything I didn t already know It would probably be amazing for someone just starting their healthy lifestyle.

I loved this book Some of the alternative medicine things are a little harder to come by in Bellevue, NE, but overall the book is great.

pretty good resource a good cover to cover read too.

This is the most well rounded book I ve read on children s health The doctors are very open minded and informative It s full of great advice, and a quick, easy read.