Year of the Orphan: A Novel Epub ´ the Orphan: eBook

Year of the Orphan: A Novel The Road meets Mad Max in this stunning debut also for fans of Station , The Passage, and Riddley WalkerIn a post apocalyptic future where survivors scavenge in the harsh Australian Outback for spoils from a buried civilization, a girl races across the desert, holding her treasures close, pursued by the ReckonerRiding her sand ship, living rough in the blasted landscape, she scouts the broken infrastructure and trades her scraps at the only known settlement, a ramshackle fortress of greed, corruption, and disease known as the System It is an outpost whose sole purpose is survival refuge from the hulking, eyeless things they call Ghosts and other creatures that hunt beyond the fortress wallsSold as a child, then raised hard in the System, the Orphan has a mission She carries secrets about the destruction that brought the world to its knees And she s about to discover that the past still holds power over the present Given an impossible choice, will the Orphan save the only home she knows or see it returned to dust Both paths lead to blood, but whose will be spilled With propulsive pacing, a rich, broken language all its own, and a protagonist whose grit and charisma are matched by a relentless drive to know, The Year of the Orphan is a thriller of the future you won t want to put down

10 thoughts on “Year of the Orphan: A Novel

I thought this book was ok Took me a bit to get through and i really didn t enjoy it as much as i thought i would by the blurb.

Okay I can t do it any the writing is just not for me I m DNF this book 89 pages I ve seen some great reviews but I personally cannot read this it s taking me so long to even get to 89 pages.

This wasnt for me The prose, grammar and style just didn t flow for me.

God Damn.That was a hell of a book.

Dystopian tale telling at its absolute best A worthy successor to The Chrysalids and Riddley Walker.

The jacket blurb sounded interesting I expected a derivative version of Mad Max, but the female MC and a ship that sails the sands were enough of an original touch to encourage me to pick this up.BIG mistake.If the blurb had been written in the dialect the writer uses thr

I heard Daniel Findlay speak at the Speculative Fiction Festival held by the NSW Writer s Centre last month July 2017 and on the basis of his panel, and the reactions of other writers to his work, I bought this book there and then It s a great read, gripping and suitably dysto

A mysterious girl surviving in a barren wasteland Life as we know it has ceased to exist, language has been broken down to a raw form and I can almost taste the red dirt and despair in this brilliantly written novel A wonderful debut by an Australian author, set in the Australian o

I tried, I really did try The stylistic prose, though I get its purpose, is just not working for me right now Will need to try again as the premise is incredible and the writer clearly has great skill.

Truly unique and challenging I m gonna be honest, it took me a while to get my head around the prose at first once I started to get in the groove of it, I had to start from the beginning and reread to make sure I knew what had gone on But once I did this, it was well worth pushing on From th