The Hearts We Sold PDF/EPUB Ö The Hearts Kindle -

The Hearts We Sold When Dee Moreno makes a deal with a demon her heart in exchange for an escape from a disastrous home life she finds the trade may have been than she bargained for And becoming heartless is only the beginning What lies ahead is a nightmare far bigger, far monstrous than anything she could have ever imaginedWith reality turned on its head, Dee has only a group of other deal making teens to keep her grounded, including the charming but secretive James Lancer And as something grows between them amid an otherworldy ordeal, Dee begins to wonder Can she give someone her heart when it s no longer hers to give

About the Author: Emily Lloyd-Jones

Emily Lloyd Jones grew up on a vineyard in rural Oregon, where she played in evergreen forests and learned to fear sheep After graduating from Western Oregon University with an English degree, she enrolled in the publishing program at Rosemont College just outside of Philadelphia She currently resides in Northern California.

10 thoughts on “The Hearts We Sold

This was how normal people survived their own fairy tales They became their own kind of monstermy heart actually still exists but I m going to sell it to a demon because I no longer truly have it this was SO CATHARTIC There are books that make you cry of sadness, and then there are books that make you cry with a sense of beauty A sense that no matter how terrible things get, everything will eventually get better Books tha

This was in the August 2017 OwlCrate boxA demon as knitting outside the hospitalThis has so much good, I really enjoyed reading it, and I wish I could put this in the hands of a lot of teens that I know need it The Hearts We Sold is a story about a girl named Dee that is struggling with abuse and anxiety from her family She lives in a boarding school that keeps her in a much healthier situation, but the fear never leaves her and

i was going to save this for my spooktober reading list, but im glad i didnt because this is the opposite of spooky so if this isnt spooky, then what is it, you may ask well, its not bad, but it isnt great either it covers some pretty important topics, but also has some storytelling downfalls it has some great character potential, but all of them stay pretty one dimensional there is some really great writing, but its super heavy on the p

This book was a huge surprise Reading it reminded me of all the things I love about YA literature Gah I can t even form proper thoughts I just adored it so very much.

Nothing comes for free We just don t know what it ll costI can t believe it s taken me three months to write this review, but every time I sat down to attempt it, I just couldn t get the right words on paper This book meant so much to me I honestly went into it not expecting very much, but something about it just resonated so strongly with me that, even now, months later, I read the quotes I highlighted and I get instant chills I think Emily Lloyd Jones

In Emily Lloyd Jones created world, daemons make deals with humans The latter sell their limbs in exchange for something.Dee sells her heart to a daemon and requests money in return Pretty typical, if you ask me However, the money is for an honourable cause education.Indeed, her parents are alcoholics with whom you cannot have a calm conversation They d rather Dee stays home than go to school But Dee can get her heart back if she serves the Daemon She and a bun

So This book is a thing I wrote And of everything I ve written so far, it s probably the hardest to describe There are Faustian deals and Lovecraftian horrors, but mostly this book is about people It s about how the scariest monsters are often human and to escape those monsters we must leave parts of ourselves behind.I m quite proud of this book, and I hope my readers will love it view spoiler This book also contains hands down the snarkiest, funniest character I ve ev

this was going to be a very meh read until that ending, and now I m crying3.5 stars, RTC in 2018

This book was AWESOME but also heart heh breaking.

I really loved the concept of this one, and the first and last chapter were amazing but this wasn t as cool as I d hoped I was hoping for it to be a little darker, and maybe since the main character loses her heart, for her to act different The romance was really cute, but the rest wasn t as what I d hoped it would be The writing was good, and I did like the main character s personality, though