Under the Beetle's Cellar PDF/EPUB è Under the

Journalist Molly Cates, heroine of the Edgar Award winning The Red Scream, returns, and finds herself at the heart of a bitter standoff when a fanatical madman she s profiled in the past kidnaps a busload of hostages promising to hold them until the time arrives for his apocalyptic revenge As time slips away, Cates must confront him while the lives of 12 people hang in the balance HC Doubleday. Under the Beetle's Cellar

About the Author: Mary Willis Walker

Mary Willis Walker is the author of Zero at the Bone, which won both the Agatha and Macavity awards and was nominated for an Edgar The Red Scream, winner of the Edgar Award and Under the Beetle s Cellar, recipient of the Hammett Prize, the Anthony Award, and the Macavity Award She lives in Austin, Texas, where she is now at work on her fifth novel.

10 thoughts on “Under the Beetle's Cellar

So, I m not entirely sure if this book deserves the five star rating I m giving it, because I read it back when I was in high school, something like fourteen years ago, and I m not sure if my high school self can be trusted to accurately remember how good the book was HOWEVER, I ve remembered how much I e

Not my thing.2star

Had no idea about this book before I started it It seems it is the second part of a Molly Cates series But at the same time it seems that I did not miss anyhting by not reading the first part as there are no mentions to happenings from the first book.Anyway the book is mostly nicely written It s a pretty basic

I picked this book up on a whim at a very large annual used book sale in our area I remember when the Chowchilla kidnappings occurred and thought this might be tied to that incident It wasn t, might have been the catalyst for the story, but the chilling descriptions of the children s lives as they endured the kidn

not for me .

Intense, breathtaking and heartbreaking.

Great ReadThis was my first reading of a book by this author Outstanding and well written Truly look forward to reading ,ore.

Why is it so good

Synopsis for forty six days, a bus driver and eleven children have been buried underground Can Molly find them

A school bus full of children and it s driver has been taken hostage by a religious zealot and buried underground It s been 46 days of a standoff with the FBI but Walter Demming and his 11 charges are holding on While the FBI tries to negotiate with Samuel Mordecai, Molly Cates sets out to find out everything she can about him Know