The Boy on the Porch MOBI ↠ on the PDF/EPUB Ä

The Boy on the Porch From Newbery Medal winner Sharon Creech comes a singular story that reminds us of the surprising connections that bloom when unconditional love and generosity prevail For when a young couple finds a boy asleep on their porch, their lives take an unexpectedly joyous turnWhen John and Marta found the boy on the porch, they were curious, naturally, as to why he was there and they didn t expect him to stay, not at first, but he did stay, day after day, until it seemed as if he belonged, running and smiling and laughing his silent laugh, tapping and patting on every surface as he made his music, and painting with water, with paint, with mud those swirly swirls and swings and treesOne day a young couple wakes to find a boy asleep on their porch Unable to speak, the boy cannot explain his history What kind of person would leave their child with strangers All they know is that they have been chosen to care for this boy And as their connection to him grows, they embrace his exuberant spirit and talents The three of them blossom into an unlikely family, and John and Marta and the boy begin to see the world in brand new ways Newbery Medal winner Sharon Creech delivers a poignant story of finding family when you least expect it

10 thoughts on “The Boy on the Porch

I read the first few chapters and realized that my boys ages 9 and 8 might really like the book, so I began reading it aloud to them before bed It s perfect for reading aloud short, interesting chapters written in simple yet descriptive terms They were hooked Who

A children s book with little child appeal in my opinion Sharon Creech has written a slim novel about the struggle a youngish couple has raising a child that was mysteriously abandoned on their porch The majority of this story is from the point of view of the pare

This beautifully written book reads like an adult short story The child, Jacob, in the story is mute and the point of view comes strictly from the adults Jacob plays, draws, and interacts with the people and animals, but he never speaks out loud It reminds me of th

I loved how this book made me feel

I almost shelved this book on my parenting shelf because it has a lot to say about parenting Which brings us to the crux of the matter right off will KIDS want to read a book that has so much great stuff about PARENTS There are those transitional short chapter books

A heartwarming little story about what words like home and family really mean The story is simple, but Jacob s joy is infectious and there s a lot of emotion in just a few pages.

Richie s Picks THE BOY ON THE PORCH by Sharon Creech, Joanna Cotler HarperCollins, September 2013, 160p., ISBN 978 0 06 189235 6 People talking without speakingPeople hearing without listeningPeople writing songs that voices never shareAnd no one daredDisturb the sound

I picked up an ARC at BEA Review time This was a beautiful little story, and beautifully written I can t say anything bad about it The only problem was that I wanted so much MORE from the story than I was given I wanted to knowabout all of the characters who are John an

Beautifully written book wow those short chapters that make you keep reading with adult protagonists and a fascinating little boy It might appeal to parentsthan elementary school kids, in so far as the story is really about two grown ups who open their hearts to this lit

This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers To view it, click here John and Marta find a young boy asleep on their front porch with a misspelled and cryptic note saying that someone will be back for him The boy doesn t speak, but the note indicates his name i