Monster MOBI ↠ Paperback

Monster Dr Alex Delaware muss den brutalen Mord an einer Gefängnispsychologin aufklären Die Ermittlungen führen ihn zur Arbeitsstätte des Opfers, wo ein gefährlicher Psychopath unter höchster Bewachung einsitzt: der mit Medikamenten voll gepumpte Ardis »Monster« Peake Dessen Stammeleien scheinen den Mord an der Psychologin prophezeit zu haben Für Delaware und Milo Sturgis vom Los Angeles Police Department ist dies nur eine von vielen rätselhaften Spuren

10 thoughts on “Monster

Always a fan of Mr. Kellerman, Monster does not disappoint. I found this to be an intricately woven mystery with plenty of new and colorful characters to enrich the tantalizing plot; but not so many that a separate spreadsheet would be necessary to keep up. This story features the sweet and smart Alex Delaware and his pal, the mighty Milo. The story allows the reader to solve the mystery along w

In this Delaware mystery, number 13, a mentally ill 'monster' is killing people. Maybe. Alex Delaware, my favorite fictional psychologist and amateur detective superhero, is called in when bodies are found horribly mutilated, obviously the work of a deranged killer. Because Alex cares and has the time and credentials, he helps Milo Sturgis, one of my favorite fictional professional detectives, gain

The more Kellerman I read, the more I become a fan.

The first book I picked up by him took me two attempts to get into. The second I seemed to enjoy more. The third (this one) I loved. Gripped from (almost) the beginning and left wanting to read “just one more chapter” to uncover a bit more of the story.

There isn’t really a big twist at the end, it’s more that answers unf

This is my first Jonathan Kellerman book. He has been on my TBR list for some time but I was slow to get to him because I am reading so many other series. I am in the midst of Andrew Vachss, Sara Paretsky

This is the second time I've read this book. I picked it up at the ESL book sale and got to the second chapter before realizing I'd already read it. However, since I didn't remember the ending, I decided to read it again and found it very enjoyable...that is if you like rather gory subject matter. I always enjoy the Alex Delaware books. He and Milo make a great pair of investigator. I also like seeing what is h

Another super solid Alex Delaware novel, I’m really enjoying reading this huge series!
    Some pretty outdated language/terminology in this one, but it was published in the 90s so understandable.

My first Kellerman and not too impressed with the slow pace of the book. Maybe the choice of the book was not great. The plot starts with murders happening all over the city and it involves inmates of a psychiatric treatment asylum. A patient is predicting the murders. Alex Delaware is roped in along with Detective Milo Sturgis to investigate. The investigation takes them on the trail of lunatics, healthcare workers, s

I believe this is the first Kellerman book I’ve read and I must admit I enjoyed it. The topic mainly revolves around murders and psych patients. Odd mumblings start to come out of a patient after a worker at the psych hospital is murdered.

The ending was good and there was a twist that I didn’t see coming. Never would have thought that Crimmins was making death videos.

Overall, this was a good story. The plot is clever and interesting. But I feel that the book itself could have used a good edit (or a different editor).

First, the writing itself felt like Kellerman was more interested in reaching a word count instead of telling his story. I like descriptiveness as much as the next person, but it felt overboard much of the time. Exacting descriptions of what a person is wearing or

Meh. I usually like Jonathan Kellerman books but I had a hard time getting into this one. I kept wanting it to end...and then it did.