Monster PDF/EPUB ↠ Hardcover

Monster Alex Delaware is back And in Jonathan Kellerman s riveting and ingenious new novel, Monster, he faces one of the most grisly and baffling mysteries of his career How can a nonfunctional psychotic locked up in a supposedly secure institution for homicidal madmen predict brutal murders in the outside world Delaware and his friend and partner Detective Milo Sturgis must penetrate this enigma in order to stop the horrific killingsA marginal actor is found dead in a car trunk, sawn in half Months later, a psychologist at a hospital for the criminally insane is discovered murdered and mutilated in a tantalizingly similar way When reports of an inmate s incoherent ramblings begin to make frightening sense as predictions of yet slayings, Delaware and Sturgis are drawn into a web of family secrets, vengeance, and manipulation both inside the asylum and on the streets of LA where death, drugs, and sex are marketed as commodities The climactic discovery they make as they race to prevent killings gives fresh and terrifying meaning to the concept of monstrosity

About the Author: Jonathan Kellerman

Jonathan Kellerman was born in New York City in 1949 and grew up in Los Angeles He helped work his way through UCLA as an editorial cartoonist, columnist, editor and freelance musician As a senior, at the age of 22, he won a Samuel Goldwyn Writing Award for fiction Like his fictional protagonist, Alex Delaware, Jonathan received at Ph.D in psychology at the age of 24, with a specialty in the treatment of children He served internships in clinical psychology and pediatric psychology at Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles and was a post doctoral HEW Fellow in Psychology and Human Development at CHLA IN 1975, Jonathan was asked by the hospital to conduct research into the psychological effects of extreme isolation plastic bubble units on children with cancer, and to coordinate care for these kids and their families The success of that venture led to the establishment, in 1977 of the Psychosocial Program, Division of Oncology, the first comprehensive approach to the emotional aspects of pediatric cancer anywhere in the world Jonathan was asked to be founding director and, along with his team, published extensively in the area of behavioral medicine Decades later, the program, under the tutelage of one of Jonathan s former students, continues to break ground Jonathan s first published book was a medical text, PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF CHILDHOOD CANCER, 1980 One year later, came a book for parents, HELPING THE FEARFUL CHILD In 1985, Jonathan s first novel, WHEN THE BOUGH BREAKS, was published to enormous critical and commercial success and became a New York Times bestseller BOUGH was also produced as a t.v movie and won the Edgar Allan Poe and Anthony Boucher Awards for Best First Novel Since then, Jonathan has published a best selling crime novel every year, and occasionally, two a year In addition, he has written and illustrated two books for children and a nonfiction volume on childhood violence, SAVAGE SPAWN 1999 Though no longer active as a psychotherapist, he is a Clinical Professor of Pediatrics and Psychology at University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine Jonathan is married to bestselling novelist Faye Kellerman and they have four children.

10 thoughts on “Monster

Always a fan of Mr Kellerman, Monster does not disappoint I found this to be an intricately woven mystery with plenty of new and colorful characters to enrich the tantalizing plot but not so many that a separate spreadsheet would be necessary to ke

TheKellerman I read, theI become a fan.The first book I picked up by him took me two attempts to get into The second I seemed to enjoyThe third this one I loved Gripped from almost the beginning and left wanting to read just onechapter to uncover a bitof t

In this Delaware mystery, number 13, a mentally ill monster is killing people Maybe Alex Delaware, my favorite fictional psychologist and amateur detective superhero, is called in when bodies are found horribly mutilated, obviously the work of a deranged killer Be

This is my first Jonathan Kellerman book He has been on my TBR list for some time but I was slow to get to him because I am reading so many other series I am in the midst of Andrew Vachss, Sara Paretsky, Loren Estleman, Michael Connolly, Scott Turow, Karin Slaughter, Geor

This is the second time I ve read this book I picked it up at the ESL book sale and got to the second chapter before realizing I d already read it However, since I didn t remember the ending, I decided to read it again and found it very enjoyablethat is if you like rather gory su

Another super solid Alex Delaware novel, I m really enjoying reading this huge series Some pretty outdated language terminology in this one, but it was published in the 90s so understandable.

My first Kellerman and not too impressed with the slow pace of the book Maybe the choice of the book was not great The plot starts with murders happening all over the city and it involves inmates of a psychiatric treatment asylum A patient is predicting the murders Alex Delaware is roped in alon

This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers To view it, click here I believe this is the first Kellerman book I ve read and I must admit I enjoyed it The topic mainly revolves around murders and psych patients Odd mumblings start to come out of a patient after a worker at the psych hospital

Overall, this was a good story The plot is clever and interesting But I feel that the book itself could have used a good edit or a different editor First, the writing itself felt like Kellerman wasinterested in reaching a word count instead of telling his story I like descriptiveness as much as the next person,

Meh I usually like Jonathan Kellerman books but I had a hard time getting into this one I kept wanting it to endand then it did.