One Shenandoah Winter PDF/EPUB ✓ One Shenandoah

One Shenandoah Winter An eccentric old man is dying of cancer, and his painfully proud daughter must ask an embittered doctor for help In this moving story of sacrifice, sorrow, and redemption, a quiet town in the Shenandoah Valley and the powerful city of Washington DC become the settings for a story of personal healing and renewed faith Written by a beloved and best selling author, One Shenandoah Winter is a heart touching novella that reveals the true meaning of Christmas

10 thoughts on “One Shenandoah Winter

A bitter and disillusioned doctor getsthan he bargained for after moving to a small isolated Appalachian town to start over I was moved by this touching and inspirational story told from a faith based, Christian persp

What I just may ve loved about this little hardback book the most The illustrations Nice, soft, cozy ones in gray hues, spread throughout the pages Who says adults aren t supposed to get a kick out of books with pictures I

I think I would describe this book as a celebration of life and of death I enjoyed the Appalachian background and references to people who lived humbly, but with strength of character It was about accepting life, and death with g

This is another book I almost removed from my to read list because when I reread my review of Prayers of a Stranger I saw that I had given that book only 2 stars and had said that Bunn was an author I would not be inspired to read agai

This novel is set in a small town in the Shenandoah Valley early in the 1960s The town of Hillsboro has been without a doctor for almost 3 years and the nearest hospital is at least 40 miles away over winding back roads In this community man

This book had so much potential but fell short in many ways I was looking for a book to read in front of my wood burning stove that would bring feelings of comfort and warmth during this holiday season This book had the foundation for greatness po

This is a great book with true to life characters I would love to meet them This book was copyright in 1998 but I just discovered it I m pleased Bunn wrote displaying the Lord throughout the book It is refreshing to read the Good News written so clearly

This Christian novella really hit the spot for me right now The author presented the beauty and majesty of nature in such a wonderful way He also represented mountain people in a very sympathetic manner that wasn t overdone I enjoyed this book and have also r

T Davis Bunn captures well the flavor of a small mountain town and the struggle of an urban doctor carrying some emotional baggage who moves to Hillsboro What follows is a heartwarming look at human nature and the intervention of God into the lives of people It is

T Davis Bunn is one amazing author He painted the most a wonderful pictures of the Shenandoah valley people s life It made me want to live in that time eventho the times werehard than we can imagine A wonderful book also about God s love for us even when we do not know a