The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer: A Christian

The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer: A Christian Worldview The Complete Works of Francis A Schaffer Set Includes Volumeis Christian View of Philosophy Culture It contains the following books God who is There, Escape From Reason, He is There He Is Not Silent, Back to Freedom DignityVolis Christian View Of The Bible As Truth It contains the following Genesis In Space Time, No Final Conflict, Joshua The Flow Of Biblical History, Basic Bible Studies, Art The BibleVolis Christian View of Spirituality It contains the following No Little People, True Spirituality, New Super Spirituality, Two Contents Two RealitiesVolis Christian View of Church It contains the following Church At The End of The th Century, Church Before The Watching World, Mark Of The Christian, Death In The City, Great Evangelical DisasterVolis Christian View Of The West It contains the following Pollution Death Of man, How Should We Then Live, Whatever Happened to the Human Race, Christian Manifesto

10 thoughts on “The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer: A Christian Worldview

The Complete Works of Francis A Schaeffer A Christian Worldviewby Francis A SchaefferReview for the Series Rating 3 5This series of the complete works of Francis Schaeffer is certainly a worthwhile read Most of his ideas were generated before I was born, and most of his writing was done when I was a young child It was interesting to see how relevant muc

I ve technically only read the first volume, but this book has changed my life I always felt somewhat under qualified as a witness because I had very little beyond just faith and my own testimony and experience to back up why God exists and is real and changes lives I understand that it s up to God and not me to change lives and that I don t need anythin

Hands down, the best explanation of the Christian worldview to have ever been written by the hand of man.Schaeffer breaks it down from the smallest components of the Christian faith and really makes you see what you profess to believe every inch of it Then he begins to rebuild,using all those components like Legos, each building on the next, until you not

i have only read the first three volumes of five volumes total of this set but i recommend it to anyone he talks about art as it connects to the line of despair, the unneeded jump into the upper story which means we don t have to cut our heads off to be christians , genesis as a historical book rather than something less than that, and many other topics he

The Bible should be any Christian s priority read This should be second Dr Schaeffer L Abri founder puts the Christian on firm ground and easily provides reasons to reject alternative ways to interpret, understand, and twist the contents of the Bible to fit whatever It is an unconfusing really read Currently I m in the 2nd volume but I ve read many of these

It was my pleasure to get the opportunity to read this set in its entirety for a readings class on modern church history Schaeffer s ability to accurately critique culture made him a man ahead of his time I share his view of the world and of Scripture for the most part, and while he sometimes overstates our position, I resonate with much of what he says.

I have long considered Francis Schaeffer to be one of the most influential people on my thinking His three volume set The God Who is There, He Is There and He is Not Silent, and Escape From Reason as well as his short volume The Mark of the Christian have been beneficial reads I decided that this summer, I would try to read through his complete works 22 books

Francis Schaeffer, sad to say, has become a political lighting rod in 2011 Certain political types, who are seeking their party s nomination for the highest office in the land, have stated the importance of his writings in their so called intellectual formation Reading one author however does not make one a scholar or a public intellectual The problem with my

Life changing truths for me at the time Schaeffer was a visionary and a great theologion Whatever Happened to the Human Race included his views on what was to come relating to the value of life It s effects on society then and to come How Should We Then Live traced through history the persons i.e.,Freud and Pavlov human behavior, Darwin evolution Frederick Niet

I read a few of Schaeffer s books when I was in high school and college, and he was one of the first people I read who got me interested in intellectual history.Re reading these books several years later plus several others I had never read before , I was disappointed at times with the simplistic nature of his arguments He certainly knew how to paint with a broa